By Ilenia Fronza, Alberto Sillitti, Giancarlo Succi, Jelena Vlasenko (auth.), Alberto Sillitti, Orit Hazzan, Emily Bache, Xavier Albaladejo (eds.)
This publication comprises the refereed lawsuits of the twelfth overseas convention on Agile software program improvement, XP 2011, held in Madrid, Spain, in could 2011.
The yr 2011 marked the tenth anniversary of the Agile Manifesto. during this spirit, the XP convention persisted its positive culture of selling agility by means of disseminating new study leads to a well timed demeanour and through bringing jointly researchers and practitioners for a fruitful mutual trade of reviews. As brought for XP 2010, there have been back diverse software committees, one for study papers and one for adventure experiences. in regards to the learn papers, eleven out of fifty six submissions have been permitted as complete papers; and so far as the event experiences have been involved, the respective quantity used to be four out of 17 submissions. as well as those papers, this quantity additionally contains the quick study papers, the abstracts of the posters, the location papers of the PhD symposium, and the abstracts of the workshops.
Read or Download Agile Processes in Software Engineering and Extreme Programming: 12th International Conference, XP 2011, Madrid, Spain, May 10-13, 2011. Proceedings PDF
Best programming books
Get an excellent grounding within the basics of Cocoa contact, and stay away from difficulties in the course of iPhone and iPad app improvement. With this revised and multiplied variation, you’ll dig into Cocoa and the right way to paintings successfully with Objective-C and Xcode. This e-book covers iOS five and Xcode four. three in a rigorous, orderly fashion—ideal even if you’re imminent iOS for the 1st time or want a connection with bolster latest skills.
Many discussions were multiplied or more desirable. All code examples were revised, and lots of new code examples were added.
* the recent reminiscence administration system—ARC—is completely defined and all code examples were revised to take advantage of it.
* New Objective-C good points, comparable to statement of example variables within the class’s implementation part, are defined and integrated into the revised instance code.
* dialogue of ways an app launches, and all code examples, are revised for undertaking templates from Xcode four. 2 and later.
* different new Xcode good points, together with the Simulator’s Debug menu, are lined, with monitor photographs in keeping with Xcode four. 2 and later.
* The dialogue of tools is improved, with reveal shots—by renowned request!
* Storyboards are defined and mentioned.
* the reason of view controllers is totally rewritten to incorporate iOS five good points, reminiscent of customized mother or father view controllers and UIPageViewController.
* The Controls bankruptcy now comprises iOS five interface customizability and the looks proxy.
* New beneficial properties of interface periods are mentioned, together with tiling and lively photographs, new desk view gains, new alert view types.
* assurance of frameworks akin to middle movement and AV beginning is enormously improved. New iOS five sessions and frameworks also are mentioned, together with middle photograph and UIDocument (and iCloud support).
* vital iOS five alterations that may holiday latest code are explicitly referred to as out within the textual content and indexed within the index.
Shell Scripting Recipes is stuffed with over one hundred fifty much-needed and functional recipes that stick with a problem-solution structure, and aid all Unix clients regain a number of the misplaced time spent developing and checking out shell scripts. so much scripts during this publication are POSIX (Portable working approach Interface)-compliant, so that they are supported through some of the significant shell editions, together with Bash, ksh, and sh, between others.
Post records resembling stories, letters, company plans, and extra for the net and for print. It takes good thing about the newest applied sciences reminiscent of XML and Microsoft SharePoint to increase laptop productiveness and workspace collaboration over an intranet or the web. the combination of XML in be aware makes it a lot more uncomplicated to complete such projects as information mining, reporting, and content material aggregation.
During a occupation, virtually each software program developer will come upon a number of tasks with outrageous staffing, agenda, finances or function constraints--projects that appear "doomed to fail. " Now, bestselling writer Edward Yourdon brings his distinctive expertise and administration perception into those "death march" initiatives, displaying tips to maximize one's probabilities of good fortune.
- Mastering ElasticSearch
- C++ Primer Plus (5th Edition)
- Methods and Tools of Parallel Programming Multicomputers: Second Russia-Taiwan Symposium, MTPP 2010, Vladivostok, Russia, May 16-19, 2010, Revised Selected Papers
- The Rails View: Create a Beautiful and Maintainable User Experience
- Programming Languages and Systems: 11th European Symposium on Programming, ESOP 2002 Held as Part of the Joint European Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2002 Grenoble, France, April 8–12, 2002 Proceedings
Extra resources for Agile Processes in Software Engineering and Extreme Programming: 12th International Conference, XP 2011, Madrid, Spain, May 10-13, 2011. Proceedings
First, the features were selected (expressed in User stories ) from the backlog – considering stakeholders’ demands. Then every User story was estimated by two teams and assigned to these teams intuitively. The fix-membered teams worked in different locations, so they could not see or speak often in person that resulted from geographical separation. Communication was mostly based on video conferences, phone calls and emails; since all developers were Hungarians, there was no language, cultural or time zone barriers.
P + q + r), so we formulated the following measure: ∼j,j = p p+q+r (2) Thus, continuing the previous example, ∼j,j = p/(p + q + r) = 2/3. It is clear that, the range of both ∼j,j and (1− ∼j,j ) (distance) are in [0, 1]. Thus, if we can measure architectural similarity/distance of features, then we can use this information to group them into feature chunks according to the values of the measurements. 2 Feature Chunk Construction To support the parallel development, we propose a feature chunk construction step which aim is to break down the whole development work into cohesive feature chunks.
Fig. 1. 1 Results and Discussion Preliminary Tests and Results We performed some preliminary simulation to assess the overall model, and to highlight the diﬀerences between a limited-WIP and an unlimited process. The settings were those of a typical average software project, with an initial backlog of 100 features, and 40 features added during the development. 2 man-days. So, the total amount of man-days of the project is 700 (140 x 5). There are 4 activities, to be performed sequentially, shown in Table 1.